2 x A4 pieces of coloured card
a marker pen
1. Using one piece of coloured card, trace around your child’s hands. Cut the hand shapes out.
2. Write “I love you” onto one of the hands.
3. Now cut a 2.5cm strip along the width of the other piece of card. (So you have a strip 2.5cm x 22.5cm)
4. Concertina fold that strip of paper so that you have at least 11 spaces in the concertina.
5. Fold it about 5mm at each end (to use as a tab to glue it to each hand)
6. Write “this much” across the concertina folds.
7. Now sit the folded piece in between the two hands, make sure the hands are placed so that they match up when the card is closed.
8. Glue the strip in between the two hands using the two smaller tabs you folded earlier.
9. Fold it together and present it to Dad. When it’s folded out it will say, “I love you this much” in between the two hands.