We thank God for his faithfulness and mercy towards us during this first year of existence of the GFS SKILL ACQUISITION CENTER.
- Praise, Worship and Prayer every morning before the start of the course
- Moral and Spirituality classes every 2nd and last Monday of each month from 10-11am.
- During the months of November and December 2022, we engaged in sewing of administrator (cope), canons, priests and deacons vestments, for collation and ordination in December 2022.
- Awareness campaign/Outreach
- Teaching of sewing courses
The students and all the staff took a two-week break from 26 December 2022 to 03 January 2023.
DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY PLAN
- Visit to churches to talk about the training; exposition and selling of items produced by the Centre.
- The teachers give themselves a target each week to sew for sales.
- Productions of items like clerical shirt, communion vestments and others for sale.
- Production of items to be sold during the World Council in South Africa. This is to give the opportunity for GFS members across the world to buy an item from their Centre.
LEVEL OF THE STUDENTS
- We are proud of the transformation in the lives of the students.
- Most recent students can also sew dresses for themselves.
- Improved livelihood as some students are already marketing items sewn by themselves.
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
From 10 – 27 Feb 2023: sewing of uniform for occasions (staff and students)
26 Feb : Campaign/Outreach to Churches. – St. Michael and All Angels Cathedral and Victory Church New Bell
|Advertising||Selling of items|
|Presentation of the gift to the church.|
28 Feb- Anniversary Day
|Cleaning and decoration of the Center||Praise and worship|
|Prayer preaching and anointing by Rev. Fr. Gaston Akago (our guest preacher)||Coordinator’s speech|
|Fashion parade by the students||Testimonies|
During the period under review, monies were received as donation/offerings of GFS World Day of prayer from GFS Guyana, GFS Liberia, GFS Korea, GFS New Zealand, GFS Ireland and GFS Australia.
We thank Almighty God for His faithfulness and grace upon us. We have enjoyed His love, peace and joy throughout this project. Despite some the challenges, our faith is always lifted and we gladly serve GFS and the community through the Centre.
Many thanks to GFS Worldwide for their prayers, support and encouraging words. It has boosted our perseverance in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Centre. We thank the Diocesan Bishop for His unending support toward us and we appreciate the Clergy and the entire Anglican Community in Cameroon.
To GFS Executive, Centre Coordinator, teachers, students – you all have been wonderful with your support and dedication to the Centre’s growth.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY.
Dibo Elango Estelle Bedie (GFS National President / Centre Supervisor)